SCHEDULE YOUR COVID VACCINE WITH iKARE PHARMACY
– Anyone age 18 or older
CLICK HERE to schedule an appointment with us.
Frequently Asked Question:
1. Will children be able to receive vaccinations?
Currently COVID-19 vaccine is not approved for use in young children. There is still ongoing clinical trials being conducted.
2. Are patient being charged for the vaccine?
The COVID-19 vaccine is no cost with insurance or through a federal program for uninsured.
3. What kind of side effects should be expected from COVID-19 Vaccine?
Common Side effects
One the arm where you got the shot:
Throughout the rest of the body:
– Muscle pain
4. What to do if I experience any side effects?
If you have pain or discomfort after getting your vaccine, talk to your pharmacist at iKARE Pharmacy about taking an over-the-counter medicine such as ibuprofen, acetaminophen, aspirin, or antihistamines. You may call us at 334-230-7436 and ask for the pharmacist.
To reduce pain and discomfort where you got the shot:
– Apply a clean, cool, wet washcloth over the area.
– Use or exercise your arm.
To reduce discomfort from fever:
– Drink plenty of fluids
– Dress lightly
5. When should I call the doctor?
In most cases, discomfort from fever or pain is normal. Contact your doctor or healthcare provider:
– If the redness or tenderness where you got the shot increases after 24 hours
– If your side effects are worrying you or DO NOT seems to be going away after a few days.
“If you get a COVID-19 vaccine and you think you might be having a severe allergic reaction after leaving the vaccination site, seek immediate medical care by calling 911. Learn more about COVID-19 vaccines and rare severe allergic reactions.“